2nd ACM/IEEE International Conference on
Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC-08)
September 7-11, 2008
Stanford University, California, USA
- Welcome to ICDSC 2008!
- Helpful Local Information
(Exhibit available to conference attendees)
Alex (Sandy) Pentland, MIT Monday Sept. 8
David Forsyth, UIUC Tuesday Sept. 9
Yiannis Aloimonos, Univ. of Maryland Wednesday Sept. 10
J. K. Aggarwal, Univ. of Texas at Austin Thursday Sept. 11
Tutorials: Sunday September 7, 2008
- Gary Bradski (Willow Garage and Stanford): Leaning OpenCV -- Computer Vision with the Open Source Computer Vision Library :: Pre-install OpenCV on your laptop for this tutorial.
- James Fung (Nvidia): Accelerating Computer Vision on the GPU"
PhD Forum: Sunday September 7, 2008
- For list of presentations click here.
- For a brief overview video of the PhD Forum virtual exhibit click here.
Workshops: Thursday September 11, 2008
- Workshop on Embedded Middleware for Smart Camera and Visual Sensor Networks (eMCAM) (For program click here.)
- Workshop on Activity Monitoring by Multi-camera Surveillance Systems (AMMCSS) (For program click here.)
- Stanford Memorial Church Tour:
- Monday September 8, 2008, 17:00 - 18:00
- Conference Reception:
- Monday September 8, 2008, 18:00 - 19:30
Hewlett Plaza, Stanford University
- Drinks, music performance, dinner
- Please present your reception ticket at event
- Bus Tour and Banquet:
- Tuesday September 9, 2008, 16:00 - 22:00
- Panel Discussion: "Business Opportunities in Multi-Camera and Embedded Vision"
- Tuesday September 9, 2008, 13:30 - 15:30 (followed by bus tour to banquet)
- Founder Talk: The REACTRIX Story by co-founder Matt Bell
- Wednesday September 10, 2008, 16:50 - 17:30
ICDSC-08 warmly acknowledges our industrial sponsoring partners for their generous contributions to the conference and its events. The sponsorship funds cover expenses such as student best paper awards, tutorial sessions, PhD forum, and other conference events. Thanks to our sponsors these events are covered outside of the registration process, hence allowing lower registration fees for all participants.
Virtual Exhibit provided by: